Friday, January 2, 2009

Years to come


So a new year is here, it is so strange to me that we are so close to the year 2010, for some reason that year for me has always been so far away, and it seemed we would never get there, yet it's only a year away and here we are still. I don't know why that year has felt so magical or distant or whatever it is about that year, I don't even know, but there is something about it. Perhaps growing up we would here things like yeah when the year 2010 comes we will probably have flying cars and live on the moon, and I would think yeah right. We don't get around in flying cars but that year is coming fast. Anyway enough about 2010, how about 2009, I have to admit the thing I am most excited about this new year is the fact that I will finally get to go to church at 9:00 a.m. instead of the 1:00 p.m. schedule I have had for the last two years. I hate 1 pm church, I love church, I just hate it when it is at 1 pm. You get home from church and it is dark and practically time for bed, ok maybe not, but that is what it feels like to me. I have been pretty excited for this next year, there are going to be a lot of things to look forward to and a lot of unknown, which is exciting to me. I have had a good life so far and been pretty blessed, so I look forward with excitement to what will happen in the future. I hope that it will always be pleasant I know that hard times are bound to happen, but for the most part good times are ahead! I haven't thought of any resolutions for the new year, I have just thought about the goals I have already made and decided to make them my resolutions too. Joe and I are going to the temple next Nov and that is pretty much the only thing I have my eye set on. Happy New Year to everyone!!!

1 comment:

Emily Shaw said...

Re-naked! You're so cute! Actually - you TWO are so cute! We REALLY need a girls night (with or without boys...I just need to see my girls!) Miss ya babe!