Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What it's like when Joe is gone

I sleep with the hallway light on all night long, you could say I am afraid of the dark, but when Joe is home somehow it doesn't bother me. When Joe is gone I get spooked by the slightest sound, I always let Tank in the house, I have to admit having a pitbull can bring a lot of comfort. He is good to me, that old boy, he is 10 years old and I will cry when he goes. I say silent prayers, for some reason saying them out loud when Joe is away feels weird even though I know it shouldn't. Before church I get a bit of anxiety thinking about sacrament meeting with a 2 yr old and a newborn by myself. I think about how I would react if someone came in the house, if all panned out how I think about it, it doesn't end well for them. I jump at every chance to get out of the house and socialize. Joe and I talk every night possible, and I send picture messages of his girls at least 2 a day. I miss him a lot. I think about him. I watch chick flicks, and it makes me miss Joe even more. I count down the days, until he should be home. I wonder if I should be more independent, and not think about him being gone. I go to bed too late, and then my girls wake me up at least once every night, somehow all three girls end up in the same bed by morning. I love waking up with my girls crowding me out of my own bed.
I am thankful that Joe isn't overseas fighting a war, and that he is only gone for 2 weeks at a time, even if he ends up being gone for about the entire summer. I think that summer is pretty much over.

3 comments:

Erin said...

oh renee...that all sounds way too familiar. he will be home soon. and not have to leave for some time. always here if you want to visit:)

Laura said...

I feel for you...Brandon has worked from 9-2am for the past month for everyday :( You're a super woman for being alone with two babies though! Hope he comes home soon!

Tyler and Kristen said...

I feel for you! That sounds just like me on the nights Tyler would work all night at the hospital or is out of town. I could have written that post! We need to get together! And I'm pretty free for pictures whenever your family is whole again. Maybe you guys could come over for Sunday dinner next week?! Let me know.