Monday, June 21, 2010
A Duh Moment for Me
Something happened last night while Joe and I were saying our nightly prayers. It was my turn, and I began by saying my Thank Yous, I said thank you for our health, our daughter Josie, our jobs, our families, and since it was Fathers Day I said Thank You for my dad and dad's everywhere that are wonderful fathers. Then the spirit gave me a little bit of a duh nudge as I would like to call it. I thanked my Heavenly Father for being my Heavenly Father. Then I realized that I had never personally in prayer while talking to my H.F. thanked him for being my H.F. Why hadn't I done that before I thought as I felt the spirit gush over me, and it felt as if my H.F. was saying "You are welcome dear daughter, I love you." I have bore testimony of a loving Heavenly Father and told others how grateful I was that we have a Father in Heaven but never had I personally thanked my Father in Heaven for being who he was. It was a great feeling, to finally recognize my H.F. in a much more real way as my Father. I could tell when Joe said his Amen that he had felt it too. I feel that as a parent my parental eyes have been opened to the reality of being a parent and the great love that one has for their children. I feel the love that my H.F. has for me and I truly know he is real and that he loves each one of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are so sweet to share this Renee. I have always felt my bond to our Heavenly Parents increase as my understanding and awe of parenthood develops too. Thanks for sharing this new perspective.
Ashley your son is so precious, I saw his picture on your wall, and you make beautiful babies. I can't wait to see all the fun cute things that Harper will do with her little brother. She is a doll.
I really like this Renee. I don't know if I've ever been grateful to Heavenly Father in that exact manner either. Thought provoking, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment