Saturday, September 3, 2011

Proposed

Joe proposed on Halloween, should that be kinda creepy? I wasn't expecting it at all, we hadn't been dating too long, and we had talked about getting married, but it was mostly me telling him what I would expect from the person I married, I was pretty sure it scared him into never asking me to get married. I guess I was wrong. Just a few days after our conversation he asked me to come down to carve pumpkins with him. That sounded like fun to me, I love carving pumpkins. We had some dinner and then he showed me where he had set everything up for carving, we got started, I never really realized it before, but now come to think of it, I think his sister and mom were in the other room waiting for everything to go down. Anyway we got the tops cut out and were cleaning out the seeds, then I saw something gleaming. I was thinking 'what kind of pumpkin is this, what is that, how did they get that in there, did the grower somehow put this in here, what if I won something, oh my heck I finally won something, cool....' Then I said out loud "what is that?" I couldn't make out what was shining yet, but I pulled out a little plastic bag and opened it up to find a ring wrapped in a note that said. "you are everything that I have ever wanted, will you marry me?" I said "Yes". I still have the note. I won a lot more that I ever thought I would.

1 comment:

Tyler and Kristen said...

Hey, we have a million pumpkins this year and at least one has your name on it. So don't go buy one, come to our garden and pick one out alright!