Okay so I just wanted to write down a few things so that I don't forget them, I might one day get around to writing these things down in a Journal of some kind someday soon. The other night after a long day of wedding lunches and wedding receptions, and my almost forgotten birthday, Joe and I decided to stop at the Albertsons, get us some treats and a movie and spend some time celabrating my birthday. There we were standing in the cookie isle, because either Josie or I just had to have some cookies, I was debating on the Oreo's, but couldn't make up my mind. Just as I was about to pass on the Oreo's and take the Animal Crackers, a drunk guy and his not as drunk friend came walking down the isle. I didn't pay much attention to them until the more drunk guy waved at me, winked his eye and said "hey Cutie." I must have given him the look of death after that, because he then looked around like I had some secret weapon that I was going to whip out on him at any moment, that was when he realized that I was standing there with my husband, and I think that is when he also realized that he had just hit on a women who was pregnant, and with her husband. He quickly walked off. Joe came over and asked what he had said to me, and I told him that he was hitting on me and called me a cutie. Joe started getting mad, saying, "What kind of idiot hits on a pregnant women while her husband is standing feet away!" As Joe's face was getting redder and as he was clearly getting madder I quickly grabbed the Oreo's and Joe and we made our way to the check out. Just as we were putting our item's on the roller the two men thought it would be a good idea to come to the same check out line that we were in.......yes they are stupid. Joe almost couldn't take it, and had to say something. He said, " What are you doing hitting on my wife?!" The man said "I didn't see she was with you, you were standing over there.....and she was here... (these words were a little slurred) sorry man." Joe wasn't calming down and loudly said "I think it's obvious!" Anyone who can't tell I am five and a half months pregnant in the dress I was wearing must be so drunk they can't see or stupid. I think this guy was drunk and stupid. As Joe's face was getting redder the cashier tried distracting him, the guy in front of me was agreeing with Joe that it was quite obvious that I was married and pregnant. I just stood there embarrassed and hoping that no one would start throwing any punches. The cashier managed to hold Joe's attention and I quickly walked out of the store holding Joe's hand. "Phew!" 'No one hurt!' After getting home I thought that I guess I couldn't ask for a better birthday than my husband standing up for me and still being found attractive at almost 6 months pregnant, even if the man was a little drunk. ha ha!
On a totally different note, I had another ultrasound yesterday, becuase the first time little Josie was being shy and didn't want to show her face or head in her first ultrasound, so we had a second one to make sure all the brain development and face looked good. This time she was ready to show her face, and it was so cute because just as we were getting a good profile shot she let out a little yawn, it was the cutest thing I had seen in an ultrasound. It was very clear and then just after she let out her yawn she brought her little fist up to her face and lips, she wasn't sucking on her hand or anything but almost like she was rubbing her face. It was so exciting to see, and I have to say that being able to feel her movements and see what she was doing helped me bond a little bit more with her. Also, we think it may have been the angle, but if it wasn't then the poor girl has the Hoschouer nose, don't worry Josie, if mom has the right to fix hers than we can fix yours too. Not because I think she won't be beautiful, but because I remember how self concious I always was before about it. Anyway back to her little yawn, I keep replaying it in my head. I wish we had a copy of it so we could show it to you. The doctor was even excited about it. Yep she is a little cutie!
No comments:
Post a Comment